Thursday, April 1, 2010

Easter Egg Decorating

Easter egg decorating. A timeless tradition, steeped in history. The outcomes of these beautiful creations are endless and a bit mysterious at first dip. My favorite was to draw on the egg with the clear crayon, haphazardly I must say, then do a series of dips in various brightly colored dyes. The color wheel was running through my head as I dipped red, then blue. My 13 month old son will partake in his first Easter egg hunt in a couple of days. I am so looking forward to watching him discover the shiny plastic eggs nestled in the blades of green grass. He has a white rattan basket to collect his eggs. I wonder if he will actually put the eggs in the basket? Will the basket get in the way of running and scooping up the eggs? A video will follow of this event.
Next year, Oliver will be able to decorate the eggs, and I hope the eggs will come from our own chickens in the backyard.

No comments:

Post a Comment